Position: Lead/Assistant Teacher – Child Care Center
Responsible to: Director and/or Administrator
Position Purpose: Preschool teacher is responsible for operating a classroom in accordance with the policies and procedures of the childcare center and in accordance with the state licensing rules. The position reports to the Center Director and/or Administrator.
Status: Hourly $12-$16 based on experience/education
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- MUST take a non-credit Childcare Course within 3 months of hire. Paid for by Cornerstone.
- Demonstrates strong communication (verbal & written).
- Ability to take supervisory direction as well as work independently.
- Pass a Criminal Fingerprint Background Check
- Maintain childcare goals, objectives and policies consistent with state regulations and center policies and procedures.
- Plans and executes age-appropriate educational activities.
- Supervise children during both inside and outside activities.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Respond to children through positive feedback.
- Provide caregiving skills such as diapering/bathroom routine and feeding.
- Assist with any needs related to the children.
- Maintain daily open communication with parents and Center Management.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and orderly physical environment at Cornerstone Academy; including, but not limited to stocking paper goods, refilling soaps, sweeping, mopping, and sanitizing toys, etc.
- Monitor potential hazards in the center environment and report to Director and/or Administrator.
- Ability to spend long periods of time standing, bending, stooping, and walking around the facility while supervising and/or participating in the activities and assisting in the movement of the children.
- The above list is not all-inclusive. Other responsibilities may become necessary in the course of working routines and therefore be required.